Seasonal maintenance on your boiler can help prevent any damages or leaking from your unit. With winter quickly approaching, it’s a good time to schedule your boiler to be maintenanced. NW Mechanical has a fully trained team that will come out and perform a safety check to make sure your boiler is in full working condition.
Here are few tips to keep in mind about your boiler. Maintenance helps you stay ahead of a possible disaster!
- Leaks: A boiler that leaks or requires additional make-up water could be nearing the end of its life cycle. By replacing the existing unit, homeowners or building managers/owners can avoid costly floods and critical boiler or property damage.
- Discoloration: Yellow flames on gas burners and black soot on oil boilers indicate that the fuel is not burning properly and is creating carbon monoxide. It’s critical to have a carbon monoxide detector in your home.
- Constant Maintenance: This is a clear sign that a boiler is in need of being replaced.
- Age: With proper maintenance, boilers are expected to last at least 15 years or longer. Some boilers can last even up to 50 years or longer, but even with decent annual maintenance, there are other faults that can make a boiler breakdown.
- Increase in Energy: Be mindful of any increases in energy expenses. If a boiler requires constant servicing, the system has likely become less efficient. A noisy unit also may be a sign that it’s time for an upgrade.
Planned Maintenance Agreements from Northwest Mechanical can be purchased up to three years in advance at today's prices. This comprehensive inspection also includes a Safety Inspection. The perfect way to save money and keep your boiler up to date.
Contact NW Mechanical to schedule your boiler annual maintenance.