Seattle AC Repair
Offering a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee Since 1977
While the Pacific Northwest doesn’t get incredibly hot, having a fully functioning air conditioner is especially important during the summer months when the temperatures do rise. If you’re experiencing any issues with your AC, there’s no need to worry. At Northwest Mechanical, Inc., our Seattle AC repair specialists have over 40 years of experience. Part of what sets us apart from other companies is the fact that we don’t just repair air conditioners, we are also experienced at engineering and designing eco-friendly and adaptable units made to keep your home or business comfortable. We can work on all makes and models, including central and mini-split systems. When it comes to AC repair, there’s no job too large or complicated for our team of highly trained HVAC experts.
How to Tell It’s Time for AC Repairs
Is your home not as comfortable as you’d like it? While a unit that doesn’t power on is a clear indication that you need repairs, there are subtler issues that, if left alone, could lead to extensive repairs or the need for a premature replacement. By familiarizing yourself with the more subtle signs of an air conditioning issue, you can call in a professional service technician sooner rather than later.
Our Seattle AC repair specialists suggest calling us if:
- You are paying more money each month for your utility bills: Leaky ductwork, an internal problem, or a faulty thermostat can all result in your air conditioner operating less efficiently. This means it has to work harder to keep your property cool, thus making your bills skyrocket.
- You only feel warm air coming from your vents: First, check to make sure you didn’t accidentally set your thermostat to the wrong temperature. If that’s not the case, you probably have an internal issue and need your air conditioner inspected by a professional.
- Your property is experiencing higher humidity: Although not its primary function, your air conditioner is responsible for regulating the humidity inside your home or commercial property. In addition to warm and sticky air, higher humidity means that there is excess moisture in the air, and it can lead to mold and mildew growth. For your safety, it’s important that you have this issue addressed as soon as possible.
- Your unit has poor airflow: Unfortunately, there are many things that can cause poor airflow to occur. We will have to perform a through inspection to determine whether the issue is due to a clogged air filter, a problem with the blower, frozen evaporator coils, leaking ductwork, or blocked air ducts.
- You notice a ton of moisture surrounding your unit: While condensation is normal, excessive levels of it is not. Any excess moisture or pooling water could indicate that you have leaking refrigerant or a clogged drain tube.
- Your unit makes strange noises: It’s normal for an air conditioner to make subtle noise as it operates. However, if it begins to make noticeable screeching, squealing, grinding, groaning, or scraping noises, it is a clear sign that something needs to be repaired. These noises can be due to a malfunctioning compressor, a refrigerant leak, or a lack of lubrication.
- Your thermostat is malfunctioning: Sometimes, the issues with your air conditioner are actually with the thermostat. If you’re experiencing hot and cold spots throughout your home, your unit won’t shut off, or if it refuses to start, it could be due to an issue with the thermostat.
- Your unit is producing foul odors: If you smell anything burning or a musky smell, it could be due to an issue with your AC. Burnt wires or mold growth contribute to such smells.
- Your unit frequently cycles: Air conditioners are designed to turn off when the temperature in your property reaches the set one on the thermostat. However, when something is wrong, it will continue to cycle.
At Northwest Mechanical, Inc., our air conditioning service professionals can handle any AC repair job. From a leaking air conditioner unit to a system that is not cooling sufficiently, we have seen it all. We even have experience with both central air conditioning system and mini-split AC systems.
We Always Do Right by Our Customers
At Northwest Mechanical, Inc., our Seattle AC repair specialists can solve the most difficult problems. We know that problems can occur at any time which is why we offer same-day and emergency services available 24/7. Whether you need repair of your ductless single-head system, or a service call for a modern, full-home HVAC system, the experienced technicians of Northwest Mechanical, Inc. are available to help when you need us most.
We provide superior air conditioning service in Seattle, Shoreline, and the surrounding areas. We believe in providing honest service on which you can rely. You will never be pressured into purchasing products or services you don't need or want. When you call us for repair services, we will diagnose your issue and help you come up with a repair or service plan that best suits your needs and your budget.
Just give us a call at (206) 900-9231 and we will arrive on time and ready to get the job done.
Request an Estimate Today
Emergency Same-Day Service & Available 24/7
Tailored Solutions for Home Efficiency & Comfort
We're Not Happy Until You Are
The highest trained & skilled technicians in Seattle
from priority service to annual maintenance plans and so much more. Click below or call us to learn more.(206) 900-9231