Several homes in Seattle rely on boiler systems as their primary source of heating. If your home is one of them, remember that you can count on Northwest Mechanical, Inc. for all your boiler needs. From inspections and tune-ups to repairs and replacements, our technicians can expertly handle the job. We get it done right the first time and to your satisfaction. Since 1977, our local company has always been Seattle’s leading provider of the highest quality boiler services and systems from top brands like Buderus and Viessman. We proudly serve Shoreline and the surrounding areas.
At Northwest Mechanical, Inc., we take pride in being Seattle's go-to experts for professional boiler repair services. Our skilled technicians are dedicated to ensuring the efficient and safe operation of your boiler systems, providing prompt and reliable solutions to keep your home or business running smoothly.
With years of experience in the industry, our team of technicians possesses the expertise to diagnose and repair a wide range of boiler issues. From minor repairs to complex troubleshooting, we have the knowledge to handle it all. Northwest Mechanical, Inc. is committed to delivering high-quality service that exceeds customer expectations.
Signs Your Boiler Is In Need Of Repairs or Replacement
Your boiler, just like any other type of machinery, needs to be regularly maintained to ensure that it's in proper working order. Some key signs to look out for that signal the need for repairs or a replacement include:
- Age: With proper maintenance, boilers are expected to last at least 15 years or longer. Some boilers can last even up to 50 years or longer, but even with decent annual maintenance, there are other faults that can make a boiler breakdown.
- Increase in Energy Usage: Be mindful of any increases in energy expenses. If a boiler requires constant servicing, the system has likely become less efficient. A noisy unit also may be a sign that it’s time for an upgrade.
- Constant Maintenance: This is a clear sign that a boiler is in need of being replaced.
- Discoloration: Yellow flames on gas burners and black soot on oil boilers indicate that the fuel is not burning properly and is creating carbon monoxide. It’s critical to have a carbon monoxide detector in your home.
- Leaks: A boiler that leaks or requires additional make-up water could be nearing the end of its lifecycle. By replacing the existing unit, homeowners or building managers/owners can avoid costly floods and critical boiler or property damage.
Common Boiler Issues We Fix
Boilers are complex systems. When they experience issues, it’s important you seek help from a technician who is an expert in both HVAC and plumbing. The good news is you don’t have to look that far—our team at Northwest Mechanical, Inc. has what it takes to get your boiler issues solved right away. Whether you have a fire-tube, water-tube, or industrial-grade boilers, you can rely on our NATE-certified technicians to provide you with high-quality repair, maintenance, and installation services.
Some of the most common boiler problems we handle include:
- No heat or hot water
- Banging, whistling, or gurgling noises
- Unlit pilot light
- Frozen condensate pipe
- Faulty thermostat
- Kettling or clogging in the heat exchanger
If your boiler has reached the end of its lifespan, we can help with the replacement as well. Boilers today are more energy-efficient and you can rest easy knowing our team can install your new system with the utmost care and professionalism. In addition to boiler services in Seattle, we repair and replace other plumbing-based systems such as water heaters and radiant heat.
Comprehensive Same-day Services You Can Rely On
Boilers aren't the only water heating systems we work with. We are able to provided the detailed and thorough services you need, whether it be installation or maintenance, to similar systems.
We Offer Services For:
Request an Estimate
At Northwest Mechanical, Inc., your comfort is our top concern. Allow us to handle all your boiler needs. We are prompt, reliable, and friendly. Our team also offers estimates and stands behind all our work with a satisfaction guarantee.
The technicians were very knowledgeable, arrived on time and worked very efficiently.- Roger W.
Professionalism, Punctuality, Responsiveness- Jerrold B.
NW Mechanical has always been able to provide prompt quality service for this somewhat unusual setup, with courteous technicians.- Highlander Motorsports
Professionalism, Punctuality, Quality, Responsiveness- Dan S.
Reliable provider- Katy M.
- Request an Estimate Today
- Emergency Service Available 24/7*For Service Partner Plan Members
- Tailored Solutions for Home Efficiency & Comfort
- We're Not Happy Until You Are