Heater & furnace Repair in Seattle
Offering Superior Service with 24/7 Availability
Are you looking to maximize your comfort in your home? An easy way to accomplish this is to stay on top of your heating system. By making small repairs as issues arise, you can extend the life of your current heating system, save money on your power bills, and ensure your home is always comfortable and cozy. Our heater & furnace repair specialists provide Seattle, Shoreline, and the surrounding areas with top-notch heating repair and maintenance services. Since 1977, Northwest Mechanical, Inc. has been your go-to heating service company.
When you work with us, your comfort is our concern. Call our Seattle furnace repair experts at (206) 900-9231.
When to Call a Heating Repair Professional
As the weather turns cold, keeping your home warm becomes a priority. When your heater doesn't turn on, you know it’s time to call a repair specialist immediately. However, there are other signs your heater is struggling to keep up. Recognizing these signs can help you call in a professional sooner, avoiding a complete breakdown of your heating system.
Signs Your Furnace Needs Repair:
- The temperature in your home is not what you’ve set the thermostat to
- There are hot and cold spots in your home
- Your heater runs continuously or won’t turn on
- The thermostat is broken or doesn’t function properly
- Your furnace or ductwork are making strange sounds
- Bad odors are coming from your ductwork when you turn on the heat
- There is an unexplained increase in your power bills
If you notice any of these symptoms, it is a good idea to contact an experienced HVAC specialist, like ours at Northwest Mechanical, Inc.! We will inspect your system, diagnose your issue, and provide you with a repair plan that fits your needs and budget.
Why Does My Furnace Keep Running?
If your furnace keeps running the issue may be with your air filters. If they have become clogged or even blocked by dust, dirt, and other debris particles, the system’s airflow will diminish. This causes the heater to run for longer periods of time to properly heat your home, often resulting in an overworking and overheating of the furnace. An incorrectly set thermostat or extinguished pilot light could also be the source of this problem. However, this is not the only issue you may encounter with your heater and not the only indication that repair is needed.
What Can Cause a Furnace to Stop Working?
- Air ducts that are damaged, cracked, or loosened, which can result in air leaks and heating inefficiencies
- Dirty or clogged burners, which can result in a loss of heat from the system
- Broken heat exchanger, which will impact your heaters performance and can be dangerous to your health
- Faulty limit switch, leading to issues with the fan constantly running
- Malfunctioning electric ignitions, thermocouples, or pilot lights, which may lead to a loss of heating capabilities
- Damaged or worn-down components such as the blower belt, motor, or ball bearings, which can cause noisy operation, but can also affect the system’s fan functions and ability to circulate air as needed
If your heater is displaying signs of a problem, it’s best to consult with a professional repair technician right away to resolve the issue. Neglecting a repair can cause further, more costly damage to the furnace itself and to the comfort of your home.
Extend the Life of Your Heater with Maintenance
In addition to making repairs sooner rather than later, establishing a routine maintenance schedule can help you get the most out of your HVAC system. Our Seattle heater repair specialists can inspect your system, and let you know what areas require attention. Routine maintenance can also help you plan for future repairs and give you a good idea of when you will need a heater replacement. For example, after your inspection, our heating specialists will tell you if they are noticing wear or tear on any part of your system.
More Reasons to Invest in Regular Heater Maintenance:
- Keep your home safe – Many homeowners in Seattle have gas heaters. By regularly conducting maintenance services, you can ensure there are no major issues such as gas leaks, which can cause health risks and requires repairs.
- Extend the life of your heater – The average heater lasts from 10 to 15 years. But if you take care of it and continuously schedule maintenance services, you can ensure your heater lasts much longer than that.
- No unnecessary repairs – Many heater repairs could have been prevented with regular maintenance. When you take care of your heater, it works better. If you don’t check your heater, you won’t realize something is wrong until needs expensive repairs.
- Save energy – If something is wrong with your heater, the rest of the unit has to work harder in order to perform the same results. This uses up a lot more energy, causing an increase in your utility bill. Heater maintenance can help you avoid this.
If your system is older, or if it has not been checked in a while, call one of our heater repair experts in Seattle at (206) 900-9231 to schedule an inspection.
Request an Estimate Today
Emergency Same-Day Service & Available 24/7
Tailored Solutions for Home Efficiency & Comfort
We're Not Happy Until You Are
The highest trained & skilled technicians in Seattle
from priority service to annual maintenance plans and so much more. Click below or call us to learn more.(206) 900-9231