Staying on top of your HVAC maintenance will help keep your home’s heating and cooling systems function properly. Since it's winter, and Seattle is experiencing a cold snap, we thought it would be a good time to review what you can do to keep your furnace running smoothly.
Here are 5 simple things you can do to keep your furnace running:
- Inspect connections and gas pressure. A poor gas or oil connection can be a fire hazard and can cause your furnace to not work properly.
- Inspect burner combustion and heat exchanger for dirt or cracks. Dirty or damaged burners or exchangers will cause your furnace to function inefficiently or not work at all.
- Inspect your airflow system or ductwork for leaks.
- Inspect control box wiring and connections.
- Inspect and change air filters. Your furnace’s air filter should be changed once a month.
Regular furnace inspection and upkeep can help keep prevent problems. Keep your home comfortable - maintain your home’s HVAC system. Contact us for any of your Seattle HVAC installation or maintenance today.