Plumbing problems are one of the top issues that can affect any Seattle home one time or another. Read about the top 5 most common plumbing problems here and why you shouldn’t delay repair.
- Leaky faucets. Don’t ignore a leaky faucet! Not only is it wasteful, but it will run your water bill up quickly and can potentially cause damage to your home. Fixing a dripping faucet may be as easy as replacing a washer or replacing an entire faucet. But, generally speaking, fixing a leaky faucet is not a complicated job and should be attended to right away.
- Clogged drains. A clogged drain is hard to ignore. Usually clogged drains occur in bathrooms or kitchens where sinks get high use. Once the blockage is removed, the problem is solved. An experienced plumber can remove a blockage with suction, a pipe snake or other equipment.
- Blocked toilets. Yet another plumbing issue hard to ignore! Often a simple plunger will do the trick. But in more difficult blockages, a technician may use a snake or other device to fix the problem.
- Trouble with water heaters. We’ve grown to depend on our hot water, so when there’s trouble with your boiler and you’ve only got cold water running through the tap, a plumber is your best friend. A professional can help you determine if the problem is caused by a loose connection or a malfunctioning part.
- Under-sink pipe leaks. Many of us use under the sink as storage space, so leaks in that area often go missed. But if you notice that it is wet under your sink, you should suspect a leak in the pipe. A plumber can determine if the problem is as simple as a pipe that’s gotten knocked out of place, or if there’s a defect in the pipe that needs replacing.